Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Diagnosis

What are the most significant flaws in the ADHD diagnosis?

There may not be significant flaws at all in the ADHD diagnosis. A few persons with paying attention challenges respond well to the right stimulant medicine (coffee, caffeine, Ritalin, Dexedrine, Adderall, Vyvanse, etc.). The right medicine is not a 100% cure, only a partial answer for some with ADHD. ADHD, like epilepsy, narcolepsy, sports concussions, etc., is about neurology. There is a question as to how common ADHD really is. Conservative estimates put ADHD at 1% or less of the population. There are aspects of ADHD which may be overlooked (mild dyspraxia, auditory processing (CAPD/APD), etc. The terminology for ADHD has changed over the decades: ADHD, ADD, Hyperactivity (Hyperkinesis), Organic Brain Syndrome, MBD, etc.

(Source:  E/a, q, other)

.......

How The System Can Work At Times

...

Contrasting How Topics Can Be Addressed

...

Customer:  I want to talk about ADHD  Healthcare consultant:  I specialize in research papers only;  I do not ever see customers.

Customer:  I want to discuss adult ADHD.  Healthcare consultant:  To maximize profits, the insurance plan only covers diagnosis and discussion of children, not adults.

Customer:  I want to discuss stimulants and ADHD reduction.  Healthcare consultant:  Because of the additional paperwork, I do not prescribe stimulant medicines at all;  also, Sigmund Freud had a dim view of stimulants.

Customer:  I want to discuss auditory processing (CAPD/APD).  I passed a very basic hearing test.
Healthcare consultant:  To maximize profits, the insurance plan only covers a very basic hearing test.  The hearing test does not test for auditory processing (CAPD/APD) challenges.

Customer:  I would like your views on two or more people who have spoken to you or about a topic you are aware of.  Healthcare consultant:  I promote only myself so I cannot recognize those people at all or talk about that topic at all.

Customer:  I would your views on this subject.  Healthcare politician:  I practice the Not Invented Here syndrome which means that the subject you wish to discuss is stonewalled.

Customer:  What can you say about nootropics?  Healthcare politician:  I have no interest in the subject at all.

Customer:  I would like to talk about nutrition and paying attention.  Healthcare consultant:  I am not a nutritionist;  I am trained in prescription medicines only.

https://cthomaswildadhd.blogspot.com/2020/07/monkey-wrench.html

No comments:

Post a Comment