Friday, June 19, 2020

Brain Discussions

Brain - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org › wiki › Brain
A brain is an organ that serves as the center of the nervous system in all vertebrate and most invertebrate animals. It is located in the head, usually close to the ...
Human brain
The human brain is the central organ of the human nervous ...
Evolution of the brain
The principles that govern the evolution of brain structure are ...
List of regions in the human ...
The human brain anatomical regions are ordered following ...
Category:Brain
Pages in category "Brain". The following 52 pages are in this ...

(Google)

...

Mild attentional control challenge - paying attention vs inattention

traumatic brain injury

Started by charles2020 less than a minute ago
This conversation will be reviewed and should appear shortly.
Due to a complicated birth injury many years ago including delivery by forceps, I was diagnosed with Organic Brain Syndrome, mild Inattentive ADHD. I was surprised that, for me, coffee/caffeine works a little and far better than much stronger, prescription only stimulant medicines (like Ritalin, Dexedrine, etc.). Is anyone else extremely sensitive (in a positive manner) to coffee/caffeine? X-ref: sustained attention, alertness, wakefulness. Thank you.

...smartpatients.com/conversations/76730...

...

traumatic brain injury

Started by Renee G. 30 days ago
I was in a car accident almost 2 years ago. I finally got proper diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment, frontal lobe deficit, post concussional syndrome, adhd, symptoms related to tbi. I hired an attorney for SSDI and got denied, not sure why yet. What I did notice is the paperwork they filed was for organic mental disorder, not neurocognitive.

SSDI changed the definition of 12.02 in 2017 along with the requirements. Could this be why I was denied because my neuropsychologist marked me as extreme on most of my questionnaire, the one under that on all others.

Any help would be great as I no longer understand anything.

...

alzheimers

Started by FGF on January 20, 2020
My husband of 43 years had a mild stroke about 5 years ago. His doctors say his memory and inability to pay attention and aware of what is going on or being said are the result of his stroke.

I have tried to encourage him to practice his memory skills, to read, but he won’t. I accuse him of not trying. I become frustrated. He is forgetting what items are called, follow a TV show or remember we saw a certain movie or TV show just a few weeks ago. He finds it difficult to relay a story because he can’t find or remember the words needed to tell a story. I need advice as to how to help him without he getting upset at me.

(Source:  E/a)

No comments:

Post a Comment